Home Sweet Home...?

Sunday, November 30, 2008 at 12:24 PM
I've loved being home. I like that when the sun is out it actually means it's warm, I like that I can go into the forest or up to the mountains anytime I want, and I also extremely like my car. Oh, my friends too. But maybe I came back for too long. 9 days is long enough for people to get sick of me, and vice versa sometimes as well. While everybody may deny this and say, nobody got sick of anyone! during this week, their body language and attitudes say differently. While they become my first priority, I am shuffled lower and lower down the list, and all of this time managing leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth and my returning insomnia. Other people we know we should see, but forget to call or try to avoid, because after all we're coming back in 2 weeks anyway. This makes me wonder-what type of relationships are these when it's only good when I am 3000 miles away? After not being able to see these people I care about for 3 months, you would think that we would all have a higher tolerance for each other, or at least we would value our time more. But I guess not. Winter break is going to be a trying time, I can already tell.

My flight is in 11 hours, and I guess I am ready to go back to Boston. Sure, I'll miss the sun and what not, but in the end college seems so much more simple. You are who you present yourself to be, not who they've already dissected and observed in the past. Small things are small things, get involved with them as you may wish. Despite the infinite number of creepers, there are still a few people I'd like to see again and missed this week.


Moving on, Boston here I come!
On the bright side, it's not snowing yet.

0 comments