BIG Update!!

Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 1:22 PM
Okay, so I haven't updated in awhile, sue me. Wait, don't because I am a poor little college kid. But really, this past week has been ridiculously busy so it's not my fault. On a side note, I have been dubbed tetris queen in psych class. Heh. Okay, I'll retell my life chronologically.

1. I saw Of Montreal at the Orpheum Theatre on the 30th!!! And truly, they are amazing. So I pregamed a little too early and almost passed out during the opening act, Gang Gang Dance, but Of Montreal was invigorating! Gang Gang Dance is good too, really creepy sounds (which...I love. hehe) and the female singer was haunting. Of Montreal's set was so great. They are seriously so absurd and funny, and in the middle of the show they brought out a vegan cake for one of the band's members :) And the entire theater sang happy birthday to him!

2. Halloween! My floormates dressed up as ball players, or gold diggers (aka their hos :P) and I was the ref! We stayed in our dorms for a bit, took pictures and ran around the building visiting friends. Some guys from the second floor were Arnold, Gerald, and Quailman!!! They were very cute running around together :) Of course, there were a ton of Jokers, not many very well done though. We travelled over to main campus around 11 at which point I left my floormates and hit up a dance party with my other girlfriends, which was fun but SO NASTY!!! It was ridiculously hot and the sweat even CONDENSED so it dripped on me as I sat on a couch. GROSS. Despite some minor problems that carried over into the weekend, the night itself was a success I suppose.

3. They offered flu shots on campus on Wednesday, so I excitedly tried to get one...and after waiting in line for almost an hour, I get to the front and I can't get it because I'm not 18 yet, even though my birthday was in 2 days. Fuck my life.

4. My birthday was on Friday!! and I am finally 18, and it feels GREAT. The happiness started around 10 PM the night before because I just decided to not do any work and clean my room and move around the furniture. Okay, that's kind of weird but doing that always puts me in a great mood, even when I was small. I used to clean my room/move around my furniture when I couldn't sleep at night haha. And I got a few really thoughtful presents and my parents sent me balloons and a cake!!!! Which was really cute. :) I performed at an open mic night, which was really amazing b/c of all the ridiculously talented people, and then we went clubbing! Which was fun until we got kicked out, ahaha. I feel like there's some stuff I should think about about that night, but I'm just not going to haha.


5. NOTRE DAME GAME. The rivalry is pretty fun and interesting, especially all the anti-ND shirts that were being sold. It was raining on and off throughout the night, but the game was actually really fun to watch!! Maybe because it was a really short game, but I didn't really get bored. Our last football game!! I'm glad we won though :)

Okay, so my hell week is over. Some other interesting points...Election Day!! I wish I was in California for this election, but oh well. I think this election divided our country in terms of rivalry between Obama/McCain supporters, but hopefully the outcome and his actions can unite us. I got a 92 on my history midterm!! Woot.

I don't know what to think about the people here at BC yet...Definitely, there are people I love to death, but there are others that display certain traits that make me iffy about them. Maybe it's the result of being at a "rich" school, but a lot of people here have been raised so that they never have to think about the consequences of their actions. Or, I don't know if that's right, I can't necessarily blame their parents or their lifestyle...Maybe they are just the more irresponsible and undependable type. Which sucks, because I need people around me that I can rely on.

I'm so excited to go home.

0 comments