Back in Class

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 8:57 AM
So a quick disclaimer...
What I write on my blog is how I feel at that very moment. When I post at 6:19 in the morning, you can bet that there is definitely a legit reason that I am awake and that I am not going to be feeling too great. That's not to say I don't appreciate the comments...They really do make me feel a lot better, and maybe even a little bit silly about giving in to whatever negative feelings I'd been having and not putting up a better fight. But like I always say, things will be okay and everything looks better after a few hours of sleep in the morning light.


But anyway, there are a few good concerts coming up that I am dying to see. First off, Rockapella and Sara Bareilles are in Boston the weekend of the 20th, and then OK Go, Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Vienna Teng, Katy Perry, and Simian Mobile Disco are all coming around this semester as well. I'll probably pass on the Britney Spears and Katy Perry, and Vienna Teng is in Sommerville, MA so, due to my super extensive knowledge of New England geography (LOL) I need to do some more research on whether that's even accessible to a car-less college student like me. But as for Simian Mobile Disco....I would absolutely LOVE to see them. However, nobody here listens to electronica or trance/techno.. which slightly saddens me. All the music here played is either like emo-alternative whiny stuff or like trashy hip hop and the top 40. SIGH. How disappointing.

Okay, so today's class isn't that bad I guess. Despite how boring he is, he does these little experiments and tries to break up classtime...and during these periods of time class is interesting I suppose. Right now we're doing some experiment to see how fast neurons can work, by having a row of people hold on to the ankle of the person to their right, and letting go when the person on their left pokes them haha. This is very amusing.
EDIT: I take that back, he just spent 10 minutes going over what a mean, median, and mode are

Also, I am going to be so swamped from now until spring break. Also, not a good week to be PMS-ing, but I don't think my body is kind enough to let me pick when. Also, its never a good week to PMS. So this week lots of culture show practice, meeting club families for dinner and a pre-dinner for the freshmen retreat I'm going on this weekend, which means I will get no work done this weekend. Although I'm supposed to get back early sunday afternoon, there is a Sexual Chocolate (our male step team...a show definitely made for females LOL) show in the evening and then culture show practice at night. Next week, culture show is on Friday which means that we're going to have practice a ridiculous number of times over the week. I'm super excited for the culture show afterparty, although the CSA president wants me to go shot to shot with her, since I am the only one out of all of my friends who hasn't made a fool of myself at any party...Slightly worried for my well being that night haha. But I trust the upperclassment to take care of me. But I digress. The week after that is midterms, and then one last painful week until spring break.

I miss home a lot. I usually miss home, but it's a little stronger lately. Maybe since I'm stressed, maybe since there's a snowstorm howling around outside, maybe since I got used to being home again over winter break. But regardless, I miss the sun and the beach, and my friends and my family and my parents. 25 days until I touch down at San Jose!!! I'm sad though, since my sister is in Senegal (a country in Africa, for clarification. Akon is from there! LOL though like I said to her when she told me, dunno if that's something to be proud of hahaha) I won't be seeing her until May, and then she just told me she's applying for internships in New York. :(


Okay, thinking about my sister's internships is making me think about what I'm supposed to be doing this summer, and now I'm stressing out even more haha. ERGH. As a psych major, I want to get started early, but I also want to be around home for my first summer. People have recommended internships, volunteering at hospitals, and getting a job...all of which are very good ideas. As a psych major who is not that interested in research though, I feel like volunteering or interning at a private practice or the psych department of a hospital would be more exciting.

Okay, I don't want to think about it.

0 comments