Romance??

Monday, December 8, 2008 at 8:22 PM
I wish I had a little more romance in my life. No, not love, not people who care, but romance. I guess this is the little girl in me talking, but it'd be nice to get flowers every once in awhile, to be taken out on a nice date on some Friday or Saturday night, or for anniversaries to actually matter. Or just somebody who's willing to watch Twilight with me, ha-ha. No, I'm not crazy for it but it's one of those romantic love stories that somehow has become a staple for every girl...although I am worried that the movie would ruin the book. I really liked the first book, but as for the others....not so sure, haha. But I digress...for real this time.

I know that this is a lot to ask; what kind of boy LIKES to spend money for something that seems unnecessary, and there are not many out there who have a romantic bone in their bodies. For most of the general population, romance has been beaten into their heads since birth instead, and everybody knows that those types of lessons never last. Like I've said before, despite my general practicality, I am still a romantic on the inside. However, I also acknowledge that this is something that is difficult to obtain, that the grass is always greener on the other side, etc.etc. Also, it is college and long distance is another giant obstacle that needs to be overcome.

I want to have my hand held in front of his friends. I want to feel like I'm making a difference in his life, and not only when I'm around. I want to not take him for granted, I don't want to be taken for granted, I want to be secure about everything, I want to forget the past.
But again.



Life is good, I have nothing big to complain about that is either of our faults. Distance is not even that bad, I guess. We get through it. There are many more ups than downs, and nothing is wrong. It's just that sometimes when I sit for too long and my mind wanders, I let myself wish for a little more than I have. I am happy though, and I know that the moment will pass.

However, if I had to say, this is my biggest compromise.

1 Responses to Romance??

  1. Jason Says:

    this is my favorite post by far.