What is Time???

Friday, August 1, 2008 at 10:48 PM
In 6 hours, I will be heading for the airport and therefore heading home. This is my last time visiting Taiwan in who knows how long, since growing up means having my own agenda (Actually, I could be lying...apparently we might be taking a Taiwan/Japan trip with the family next May..haha). When I get back, it will be August 2nd, which means I will be finding out my roommate and rooming (I hope I get good ones!), and that I will be leaving for Boston in 23 days. That's a scary thought, considering I still have no idea what the heck I am doing, or what I need to buy here or over there and what I need to be prepared and what specific classes I want or....yeah. I'm excited but nervous, and also not ready to go...There are definitely still things left in Cupertino that I need to accomplish, wrap up, or figure out.

With that said, as I slowly say goodbye to Taiwan, some interesting notes:
-My mom protected me from a lecherous (drunk?) old man on the bus the other day. Even though he was holding on to the pole on the other side of the bus, he was standing so ridiculously close to me (I was on the other side of the bus) that I couldn't turn around...ALSO, SORRY OLD MAN but it's kind of apparent that despite your midget height you are looking down...that is definitely NOT your eye level.
-Taiwan is really beautiful, in it's own tropical way. Typhoon or burning sunshine, the jungle and the mountains and even the nightlife and the city lights are beautiful, and I will miss it despite the extreme weather.
-I got on a bus yesterday and heard John Mayer :). Similarly, somewhat, I was at this asian version of Costco the other day and the CD section was blasting hyphy music.
-The McDonalds here is open 24/7 and delivers to your door at any hour. Now, if this was available in America, potheads across the nation would rejoice, having finally found the cure for their munchies at 2 AM as they cry against the just-closed drive-through of Jack-in-the-Box.
-George, my cousin, and all of their friends have been really nice to me and taking care of me here...since my mother treats me like a fussy toddler who needs to be taken everywhere hand-in-hand. But, regardless...THANKS :)

I am excited to go home. :)

0 comments