Ladeeda.

Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 10:44 PM
Starting to get a little more homesick as time goes by. It's not the crippling depressing type of homesick though...at least not yet. More of a I'm happy the sun is coming back but I'm so excited to go home for the summer!!!!


In other news, I got the Special Initiatives Director position with our student government at BC!!! And I got placed into the Ethnic Studies team, which is basically exactly what I wanted. The Special Initiatives Directors work closely with the president and vice president on the issues that their platform was about, and for the president and vice president next year they are really emphasizing race issues on campus and better student support (for study abroad, living off campus, academic advising etc) and I really want to do something about both of those topics. The Ethnic Studies team is basically in charge of further developing Ethnic Studies majors/minors on our campus, and I must say we are SEVERELY lacking in this department. I'm not even TECHNICALLY minoring in Asian American Studies, because there IS no Asian American Studies minor, but just an Asian American concentration within the American Studies minor. SAD RIGHT?

Anyway I'm really looking forward to working as a director and on the team next year. When I get back from Japan life I am going to hit the ground running!! Although I'm kind of sad I won't be a part of the CSA E-board next year, I'll have other awesome things to fill up my time too :)

1 Responses to Ladeeda.

  1. Unknown Says:

    Congradulatios!
    I miss you too.