Campus is Deserted

Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 2:44 PM
So Columbus Day weekend has passed. The past week and weekend has been very good, and even though I didn't manage to make it to all my classes as I'd hope I would (blame the lack of sleep...) I did rather well on one of my midterms and my history paper, and waiting on the others to get handed back. Oh Monta Vista, how you prepared me. To be honest, after taking APs at MV, the classes here are really not that difficult...I mean yeah. I'm doing as much work as I did senior year, maybe even less haha. Oh well! I'm not complaining. This weekend was also really good, just what I needed I think. I'm glad to know that things work themselves out eventually, even though the rest of campus was a fucking ghost town since everybody here is either from New York, Jersey, or just the general Massachusetts area...and everybody went home for the weekend. Nothing was going on at night whatsoever, but at least I had company :)

In other news, I realized recently that I am missing underwear. Not only does this slightly creep me out, but it also pisses me off, kind of. I liked my underwear!! And now I had to go out and buy more that I like much less than my previous pairs, and yeah it's just kind of a hassle. I mean either somebody stole it out of my laundry, or I forgot to get it out of a machine or something...I don't know. How annoying.

Also, something that I've been thinking about ever since we got here...How do we define personal space? On the buses here everybody sits at least with one seat in between each other when the situation permits, and when somebody breaks this rule the poor victim sits uncomfortably for the rest of the ride looking down or towards the front of the bus awkwardly trying to keep their thighs from touching the strangers' or trying to avoid any eye contact whatsoever. This applies to walking too. I have found myself, on numerous occasions, speeding up or slowing down to maintain my personal space, letting people pass or passing others so that I do not find myself walking side by side with somebody who I have never seen before. Also, I am generally not a noisy walker. However, I find that when I am walking alone behind someone, I will shuffle my feet or cough or something to let the person in front of me know that I am there so that they don't turn around randomly at some point and get the shit scared out of them by me, which I think would personally also be an equally traumatizing experience.

On the flip side, sitting by yourself like an island in a class full of 200 people is kind of lonely.



Countdowns to some (fun) things:
2 days to the ice cream social
11 days until the sexual chocolate/synergy show (stepping/hiphop crew :D)
12 days until spring registration for classes starts
16 days until the of montreal concert
17 days until halloween (what should i be!?)
21 days until election day
24 days until MY BIRTHDAY
43 days until thanksgiving break

1 Responses to Campus is Deserted

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Haha I totally do the coughing behind someone so they don't "get the shit scared out of them" by me haha