Frustrated

Thursday, March 25, 2010 at 1:23 PM
Kind of frustrated, I got a C+ on my Religious Quest midterm, which is 40% of my grade. DAMN IT.

Granted, I wrote this in a hurry, and granted the material covered in the midterm was taught during February, aka culture show month, aka during class I would be frantically sending out emails instead of paying attention, but still. Last semester, I got an A+ on the final and the midterm...so this is slightly irritating.

Even more frustrating is the fact that I don't know why, I just don't GET it. I was completely on top of it and so in synch with the authors when we were covering Buddhism, but the moment we switched to Christianity, it's like I just have this mental block that keeps me from being able to really be able to grasp what's going on. Fast forward to the comparative part of our course, and I literally am just lost. Every time I raised my hand I knew I was saying the wrong thing. The professor would give me that awkward look and say "Hmmm...Riiiiight, not exactly...Let's try and flesh it out a bit more" and then call on somebody else. These lofty ideas are just floating around my head, and I can't seem to see them clearly. I can't push myself past the boundaries of my current thought to get to the level that our professor expects.



I just want to do well again this semester, and it's irritating because it's not just that I'm not trying hard enough. Oh well, going to see him during his office hours will help, hopefully.

0 comments